AX.25 modules for python?

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Mon Nov 8 10:11:15 EST 2004

Andy wrote:
> I am considering writing some Linux based client applications for amateur
> radio in python as a learning exercise however, I have not been able to
> find ax.25 python modules.  Can anyone point me to work that has already
> been done in this area?  The only option I have found so far is to use SWIG
> and build my own wrappers for the ax.25 modules, but that seems beyond my
> current level of expertise :-)
>
> I have had success with python server applications using ax25d, stdin, and
> stdout, but examples of python ax.25 server applications would also be
> welcomed.

I don't believe there are any ax.25 modules.  too small a community if
you're looking for amateur radio operators who are also python
programmers.  I know of 2.  ;-)

I have a friend who is working on some wavelet image compression and
data transmission schemas.  He's really really good at the lower levels
but human factors are best described as not his forte.

---eric, ka1eec