RELEASED Python 2.4 (final)

Dave Merrill dmerrillq at usaq.netq
Tue Nov 30 08:53:25 EST 2004

Should have been more specific.

As I recall, after I installed 2.4rc1 I installed the latest versions of
wxWindows and SPE IDE into it. The 2.4 copy of SPE died silently when
started, which I can accept as a incompatible versions.

What was strange to me was that at that point, the 2.3.3 copy of SPE did the
same thing. After I uninstalled 2.4, SPE ran again under 2.3.3, and that's
what I'm using now.

What caused this kind of interaction between installs? SPE and wxWindows
both live in site-packages, which I would have thought would make them
Python-version specific.

Dave Merrill