RELEASED Python 2.4 (final)

Stefan Behnel behnel_ml at gkec.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Nov 30 08:26:31 EST 2004

Dave Merrill schrieb:
> Newb question: Is it possible/recommended  to have multiple versions of
> Python installed simultaneously? Earlier, I installed 2.4rc1, and a number
> of things in my 2.3.3 install stopped working. Are there known techniques
> for managing multiple versions?

Short answer: depends on your OS.

I assume "stopped working" means: libraries were missing. This means that
"managing multiple versions" already works for you. The libraries are
installed for Python 2.3 and only 2.3 uses them. That's the expected
behaviour. Install them for 2.4 as well and everything should work fine.

Stefan