asynchat and threading

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 13:36:35 EST 2004

Anthony Baxter <anthonybaxter at gmail.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.6755.1101310280.5135.python-list at python.org>...
> I can only paraphrase what I said in a recent python-dev thread -
> absolutely *no-one* should be starting new projects using asyncore and
> asynchat. Use twisted, instead - it's cleaner, saner, has an active
> development community, and is in all ways a better solution than the
> asyncore approach.
>
> asyncore based code causes bleeding from the eyes and brain leakage
> through the ears.

Well, I had just started playing with asynchat, and I would like to
know
more about its shortcomings. Are you saying there are bugs in its
implementation in the standard library? What exactly can go wrong?
Or it is just ill designed and unconvenient to use?

If it is really that bad it should be removed, since I usually assume
that the stuff in the standard library is highly tested and stable.

    Michele Simionato