[ctypes-users] ANN: EasyDialogs for Windows version 1.16.0

Jimmy Retzlaff jimmy at retzlaff.com
Wed Nov 10 16:02:30 EST 2004

Thomas Heller wrote:
> "Jimmy Retzlaff" <jimmy at retzlaff.com> writes:
>
> > EasyDialogs for Windows is available at:
> >
> > http://www.averdevelopment.com/python/
> >
> > EasyDialogs for Windows is a ctypes based emulation of the
EasyDialogs
> > module included in the Python distribution for Macintosh.
>
> Is it correct behaviour that GetArgv() raises SystemExit, when the
> cancel button is pressed?

Yes, that is how it is on the Mac. I think the idea is that if the user
presses Cancel while building the argument list then they intend to
cancel the execution of the program. The behavior (but not the
rationale) is documented at the end of the first paragraph of the
description of GetArgv at:

http://docs.python.org/mac/module-EasyDialogs.html

> Apart from that - very nice module (sorry, I have not tested it on the
> windows versions you mentioned above)!

Thanks, it wouldn't have happened without ctypes! By the way, if anyone
is interested I'll be making a short presentation on the basics of
ctypes at this week's BayPiggies meeting in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Details on the meeting are at:

http://www.baypiggies.net/

Jimmy