Python 2.4 and Visual C++ Express

Paul Moore pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 24 17:59:57 EST 2004

"Mike C. Fletcher" <mcfletch at rogers.com> writes:

> It has almost always been the case that you must download new extensions
> for a new major version of Python.  The difference now is that library
> developers can use the Free (as-in-beer) MSToolkit compiler to build
> 7.1-compatible extensions, instead of needing to purchase MSVC++ 6.0.

One thing that does nag at me (and I've had no joy getting answers
from the mod_python list so far) is whether a 2.4-compatible version
of mod_python will be possible.

Python 2.4 will be built with the MSVC 7.1 compiler/CRT, but (AFAIK)
Apache is still distributed in binaries built with the MSVC6
compiler/CRT. So it's not clear to me which CRT mod_python should be
built against...

Hoping-it's-all-going-to-just-work-ly y'rs
Paul.
--
Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to
your regular duties. -- Doug Larson