Tkinter for system administration?

Dave Benjamin dave.benjamin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 03:25:02 EST 2004

Is Tkinter pretty common for simple behind-the-scenes admin tools where
a GUI is required (for instance, data entry tools for non-programmers)
or has everybody moved on to wx/GTK/QT/etc.?

I'm not particularly concerned with speed or appearance; the ability to
crank out simple GUIs quickly and without a lot of hassles or trips to
the reference manual is more important. I have no trouble using Tkinter
because I used to write a bit of Tcl/Tk back in the day, and I'm pretty
aware of its strengths and weaknesses. For simple tools, is there any
reason to switch to one of the more popular GUI frameworks?

Thanks,
Dave