SPARK v.s. PLY

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 18 10:45:52 EST 2004

[Tran Tuan Anh]
> I am searching for a suitable parsing tool to parse C++ for a research
> project.

and

> If you know the parsing stuff well, could you briefly tell me the
> pros. and cons. of those packages? (or some others you find good too)

You might find Martin von Loewis paper "Towards a Standard Parser
Generator" useful. It discusses the pros and cons of multiple python
parser frameworks, in the concrete context of implementing xpath
expression parsing. It discusses SPARK, but not PLY.

http://www.python.org/sigs/parser-sig/towards-standard.html

regards,

--
alan kennedy