.pyc files...

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sun Nov 14 10:09:21 EST 2004

    Kent> But PEP 304 seems to be abandoned, if I read the record correctly.
    Kent> It has an incomplete patch that is almost two years old and no
    Kent> activity since then. PEP 320 (Python 2.4 Release Schedule) says

I guess "abandoned" is the appropriate term.  There were problems raised
with how this would work on Windows and I lost interest.  (The current
scheme works pretty well for me.  I wrote PEP 304 more for pedantic reasons
and to address other peoples' concerns.)  It shouldn't be hard to resurrect
if there are some folks with Windows experience willing to help solve those
problems.

    Kent> The biggest stumbling block seems to be the lack of a patch for
    Kent> Windows, though the *nix is also incomplete.

Ideally, the patch, when complete, should just be a single patch.

Skip