generic way to access C++ libs?

Gabriel Zachmann zach at cs.uni-bonn.de
Fri Nov 5 11:45:24 EST 2004

Is there any generic way to use C++ libraries from within Python.

I seem to recall that there are tools to generate wrappers for C-libraries
semi-automatically.

But those were still way too cumbersome, IMHO.

What I would like to have is some module (or whatever), with which I can
say "load this C++ library", and then, "create that C++ object" or "call
method x of C++ object y".

Without doing anything else (such as recompiling the library or generating
wrappers).

I agree that templates could pose a major problem, so I would be happy if
it worked with pre-instantiated templates.

Is there anything?
Gab.

--
| There are works which wait,                                             |