generic way to access C++ libs?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Nov 5 23:16:41 EST 2004

    Diez> A c++ object created by g++ is total garbage passed to a VC lib
    Diez> that appears to use the same objects denoted by some headerfile.

Sure, but the name mangling schemes are certainly well-defined.  The GNU
c++filt program on my Mac understands the following formats according to its
--help output:

    none,auto,gnu,lucid,arm,hp,edg,gnu-v3,java,gnat

I don't know what most of them are, but I guess c++filt does.  I imagine
something like ctypes could be trained to know how to decipher the
signatures as well.  There's still the problem of templates.

Skip