ruby on rails ... python on ?

Istvan Albert ialbert at mailblocks.com
Tue Nov 2 13:26:27 EST 2004

John wrote:

> Why do you say that? I could agree if Zope could be programmed in many
> languages. Then not tending to any language would be a benefit. On the

what I am trying to say is that a creating a web site is
not the same thing as implementing an algorithm or
solving a problem that fits a computational paradigm like say
Object Oriented approach.

Parts of it, the core functionality maybe but when it comes to
the interface and behavior and human interactions all that goes
out the window. It becomes an indeterministic business: this
how it works today, and it is all wired together in a way that
makes most sense from usability perspective today.

This last mile, the one that interfaces with humans, parameter reading and validation,
security management, request filtering, and response rendering
should be written specifically with this in mind and
it has to be supported it in an entirely transparent and
independent  manner.

Istvan