why python is slower than java?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Mon Nov 8 08:14:28 EST 2004

In article <87vfcgkd3e.fsf at pop-server.bigpond.net.au>,
 Israel Raj T <rambam at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> writes:
>
> > mention that I know what the program drum is used for on an 029 card
> > punch.  I am however typing this from my wireless PowerBook :-)
>
> I hate to say this, but my kids have had 802.11g on their notebooks since
> the age of 12 ( ie : nearly 2 years now).

That's OK.  I once went for a job interview that really made me feel
antiquated.  The kid who was interviewing me looked at my resume, saw
that I had started using Unix in 1977, and said, "Wow, you've been doing
Unix longer than I've been alive!".

The key to avoiding becoming a dinosaur is to keep learning.  If you
don't learn something major (a new language, operating system, etc)
every year, it won't be too long before you start to sink into the tar
pits.