RELEASED Python 2.3.4, release candidate 1

Jeff Epler jepler at unpythonic.net
Mon May 17 07:33:29 EDT 2004

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 08:57:52AM +0000, Michael Hudson wrote:
> The spec files are in Misc/RPM.  I have no idea what you have to do to
> make an rpm from there though (hey, I've only just learnt how to build
> binary rpms from .src.rpms after, what, 6 years of being a redhat
> user...).

When a tar, gzipped tar, or bzip2'd tar contains a .spec file, you're
supposed to be able to build it into a binary RPM with
    rpmbuild -ta <tarball>
Unfortunately, with the spec file in this tarball, I get an error:
    $ rpmbuild -ta Python-2.3.4c1.tar.bz2
    error: %changelog not in descending chronological order

Jeff