PyDoc errors

Thomas Philips tkpmep at hotmail.com
Wed May 19 09:58:38 EDT 2004

I created a program to play blackjack, and documented all the classes
and functions. If I import it and then type

>>>help(blackjack)

I get a clean printout of all the documentation. However, if I start
PyDoc and then try to view the documentation in a browser, I get the
following error message:

problem in c:\Python23\Programs\blackjack.py - EOFError: EOF when
reading a line

The program runs perfectly, and help(blackjack) gives me exactly what
I expect. What should I be looking to fix to make it work in PyDoc's
browser interface as well?

Out of curiosity, I started PyDoc, clicked on Open Browser, and then
randomly clicked on modules, scripts, etc. I consistently get errors
when I click on items under scripts, including objgraph, which and
mkreal. A typical error message is

problem in C:\PYTHON23\Tools\Scripts\objgraph.pyc - SystemExit: 0

Is this a known problem? If so, is there a fix?

Thomas Philips