zope & cvs

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Wed May 19 12:41:45 EDT 2004

Lukasz Indyk wrote:
> i work in programming team that has 6 members. we develop our
> application in Zope, and we write code using ZMI (Zope Management
> Interface). we want to use cvs to control versions of our software. is
> it possible use cvs with Zope (without abandoming ZMI), or is there any
> other solution that give similar features like cvs and can be used with
> ZMI?
I think this is not possible because you are storing everything on the
Zope DB (or Data.fs) and not on external python Products. The cvs system
can't access what inside the Data.fs file is, so, you will see different
versions of this file, but you won't be able to know what the
differences are.

I know Zope has some Version system, but I don't use it because I have
had some problems with it a long time ago and I have heard lots of
people complaining about it; however, those problems could be already
solved in the latest version. Just to take a look to the Zope book,
section: "Zope services".

You could also tried to search cvs on zope.org; perhaps you can find
some product, which does it. You could also tried to post a message on
the zope lists (lists.zope.org), since this is a more python specific list.

Regards,
Josef