perl to python

Nicolas Fleury nid_oizo at yahoo.com_remove_the_
Fri May 14 18:39:29 EDT 2004

Michael Coleman wrote:
> Olivier Scalbert <olivier.scalbert at algosyn.com> writes:
>
>>Jarek Zgoda wrote:
>>
>>>Olivier Scalbert <olivier.scalbert at algosyn.com> pisze:
>>>Use sed.
>>
>>yes, but in python ?
>
> Jarek's answer is the correct one, for almost any real situation.

I disagree, I think actually Perl is a better answer.  Using grep, sed,
tr, etc. on Windows is error-prone anyway, because of the shell
difference.  Perl is very complete as a parsing solution, personnally
that's what I would prefer, and it's more scalable, since when you want
to do more, you can copy your solution in a script and expand it.  Using
a python script makes a lot of sense also, as people have pointed
two-lines solutions.

Regards,
Nicolas