bug in inspect (was cgitb vs traceback)

Robin Becker robin at SPAMREMOVEjessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Sat May 15 15:49:15 EDT 2004

Fernando Perez wrote:
> Robin Becker wrote:
>

>>Robin Becker wrote:

>>>No I'll mosy on over and see if it's known. I have a fix in place in our
>>>code, but we had to modify it yesterday as we're delivering for 2.1.
>>
>>I didn't find anything similar there so I submitted a bug report and the
>>patch I used. I think it's far too late for 2.3.4.
>

> Do you have the SF bug number handy?  I'd like to track this one in detail, in
> case it really is what is giving my ipython users problems.  Push comes to
> shove, I could always patch inspect.py 'live' for the users at import time,
> that's the beauty of python :)
>
> Regards,

It's bug 954364. Your method is exactly what I did ie inject the patched
functions into inspect at run time. Python may not be so easy to patch
in future if altering other module's name spaces becomes harder.
--
Robin Becker