terminological obscurity

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue May 25 03:14:57 EDT 2004

Arthur wrote:

> And of course by making his shoes of the same data type and his sandal
> example let's say say more challenging, he would have thereby
> implicitly accepted the challenge of defending the wroding of his
> edict, it all its subtlety.
>
> He chose not to, big time.
>
> The fact that others have accepted that challenge is welcome.
>
> That they choose to do so explicitly on his behalf, is - to me -
> peculiar.

replace tuples and lists with shoes and sandals, and this thread plays like a
scene from the "the afterlife of brian, revisisted" documentary by cristopher
guest.

narrator: "when we meet him 40 years later, Arthur's still hasn't gotten over
that shoe incident"

flashback: http://bau2.uibk.ac.at/sg/python/Scripts/LifeOfBrian/brian-17.html

</F>