GTK or TKinter (or what else?)

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Thu May 20 09:24:08 EDT 2004

In article <lb1rc.8390$qP2.16815 at news.indigo.ie>,  <P at draigBrady.com> wrote:
>Marco Terzuoli wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I use python under linux and would like to create some GUI applications. I
>> have seen that Python can be used together woth some different graphic
>> libraries and would like to have a suggestion about which one to use.
>> I feel like GTK is better documented bud would not like to create programs
>> which are not fully portable. Moreover, I know you can use wxWindows as
>> well... I have tried it in my C program and didn't like the way events were
>> handled. Are there any differences in Python?
>> Thanks
>> Marco
>
>I would definitely recommend GTK.
>It has huge support being it now
>and it's supported on windows now also.
>I've some example apps here:
>http://www.pixelbeat.org/talks/pygtk/
>
>Pádraig.

I've seen two follow-ups so far, one each expressing enthusiasm
for PyGTK and PyQt.  I know that still other experienced developers
favor wxPython, and Tkinter, and ...  I recommend to Mr. Terzuoli
that he detail his question even more precisely; I recommend to
those advising him that they contribute to the Wikis at <URL:
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/GuiProgramming >
and <URL: http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/GuiProgramming >.

These questions come up soooooo often.
--