where is Python Tools/scripts directory?

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at poste.it
Sat May 15 02:03:24 EDT 2004

Is there a simple way to get the path to the Python Tools/scripts directory?

Currently I have defined by hand an environment variable such as

PYTHONSCRIPTS=/home/myhome/packages/Python-2.3.3/Tools/scripts

so I can alias the more useful scripts in my .bashrc (for instance
alias dutree=$PYTHONSCRIPTS/dutree.py), but this approach is PITA,
I have to change the variable each time I change machine and at each
new Python version. Is there a better way?

TIA,

    Michele Simionato