Popen3-style os.execl?

Chris Green cmg at dok.org
Tue May 18 16:01:39 EDT 2004

Hey folks,

I'm whipping up a quick CGI to wrap a command line app and I was a bit
suprised to not find a execl-like Popen3 style object.  I don't want
to bother with the shell interpreting metacharaters by constructing a
command line.

Basically, I want something that acts just like Popen3 but allows me
to specify cmd as a path + args.  Does something like this exist in
the standard library? If not, it sounds like a good candidate...

Cheers,
Chris
--
Chris Green <cmg at dok.org>
Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice.