Popen3-style os.execl?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed May 19 11:58:06 EDT 2004

Chris Green <cmg at dok.org> writes:

> Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> writes:
>
> > Um.  Can't you pass a list to the Popen3 constructor?
>
> Well, by golly ya can.  Since cmd is only ever one argument in the
> docs, I've never known that you could do this.

Ah, uh, right: this isn't documented.  I'm not sure why... as noted,
it doesn't work on Windows, but then if you were talking about execl,
you presumably aren't that concerned.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Reading Slashdot can [...] often be worse than useless, especially
  to young and budding programmers: it can give you exactly the wrong