Path ... where is my application's home dir?

Roger Binns rogerb at rogerbinns.com
Sat May 1 23:33:15 EDT 2004

Michael Geary wrote:
> Roger Binns wrote:
> > from win32com.shell import shell, shellcon
> > path=shell.SHGetFolderPath(0, shellcon.CSIDL_PERSONAL, None, 0)
>
> CSIDL_PERSONAL is the user's "My Documents" folder, which is not the right
> place for configuration files. It's for documents that the user explicitly
> creates and saves.

That is why I pointed to the list of CSIDL constants since the OP will
need to use their judgement as to where to store stuff based on what
it actually is.  One should also take into account that if the user
is using a roaming profile then some paths returned will be local and
some will be remote.

Roger