PyQT developement for Windows

Fabio Corneti ciccio at smilzo.net
Wed May 5 14:33:04 EDT 2004

Hi all,
I read many posts on the subject, but I'm still confused about
licensing issues with PyQT.

I'm going to start a new project, and I'd like to use PyQT because
it is an excellent product; the particular issue is that
we would like to make the source code available under the GPL,
but we would also like to distribute a compiled version for Win32.

Having a commercial copy of QT and PyQT, would it be possible to
develop a GPL version which would remain GPLed where PyQT and QT
are GPL and build the Windows version from this code to redistribute
it in some manner (e.g. freeware)?

Thank you,
--

Fabio Corneti