Preferences Files

Heather Coppersmith me at privacy.net
Sat May 8 08:55:54 EDT 2004

On Sat, 08 May 2004 11:53:34 GMT,
Mark Fairchild <mdfairch at sfu.ca> wrote:

> Is there a good preferences modules for Python?  I know that the
> Mac version has one, but I need something cross-platform.

There are lots of them.  I've had good luck with the standard
ConfigParser module; YMMV.

> I just started my first Python project, and I'm used to Java.
> The java.util.logging package of the JDK is an amazing resource,
> and I was pretty surprised when the Python documentation didn't
> mention any similar module for Python.  Given that Python API
> has almost EVERYTHING that the Java API does and more, I'm sure
> there must be something like the Java logging module.

I don't know what the java.util.logging package does, but recent
Pythons come with a Logging module, which has a suspiciously
similar name.

> Learn Lisp today!  Uncle Turing wants you!

I learned Lisp a while ago; it truly expanded the number of ways I
can think about solving a problem and organizing a program.

See also <http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/lib.html>.

Regards,
Heather

--
Heather Coppersmith
That's not right; that's not even wrong. -- Wolfgang Pauli