read/enter text based on cursor position

supportgeek molivier at caregroup.harvard.edu
Sat Mar 13 17:36:41 EST 2004

Greetings.

Would anyone know the right direction to point me on this one?

I need to read text from a Windows Application based on cursor
position.
And enter text based on what is read.

Example:(the interface of the windows application would look something
like this.)

-----------------------------------
Windows Application               X
-----------------------------------
Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip:
-----------------------------------

I need to scan the application for address - and put in my address,
etc...
Right now I am using sendkeys but it really isn't cutting it)

The only part I need help on in this is getting the location of where
it says address, or whatever field is the case.

I was thinking it might be possible to somehow read to the left based
on cursor position. If anyone could point me in the right direction I
would appreciate it.

Thanks in Advance.

Mike