asking for python community opinion about groovy

M.M. menceur at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 17 11:01:07 EST 2004

Hi all,

The Java community is working on the adoption of Groovy as a JCP
standard (http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=241).
Groovy is a dynamic/agile language for Java
(http://groovy.codehaus.org/).

IMO, it will be better to support the Jython project. Because Jython
exists, it's very useful and powerful. In fact, I think java community
want to have its own "scripting" language because java community is
not open-minded enough and will not accept to use something for the
outside.

I have post my opinion there (author Mouloud):
http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=24525
and the replies only reverse the argument : I'm too religious and not
open-minded.

I think I'm not alone when I say "I use Java, Python and Jython and I
think Jython is very nice for Java scripting".

Thanks,
Mouloud.