asking for python community opinion about groovy

Eric @ Zomething eric at zomething.com
Wed Mar 17 23:21:52 EST 2004

Mouloud wrote:

> > IMO, it will be better to support the Jython project. Because Jython
> > exists, it's very useful and powerful. In fact, I think java community
> > want to have its own "scripting" language because java community is
> > not open-minded enough and will not accept to use something for the
> > outside.

A Pythonista trying to convince a world of Java heads to do it another way?  Your cries for sanity will be lost in the "public static void".

In other news, Bill Gates announced today that next month Linux, also, will be Windows.

Ironically, Jython's name hinders it: folks, this _is_ marketing we're talking about.  These are brand names.

Groovy is a pretty good name, I think.  Python is pretty groovy.  Maybe Groovy will be pretty Java?

Anyone got any "Groovy" code examples?

I suddenly feel like I need a hot cup of coffee and some quiet time - cuddling a reptile?

Eric Pederson
"I love Python, but the current funky green snake may not help with mass acceptance"