fox 1.2.x and FXPy

Asier katximan at gmx.net
Wed Mar 17 13:15:42 EST 2004

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message

> > GTK is a pain, wxpython is horribly slow, and tkinter doesn't have
>                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Your experience is clearly at odds with what most other people report
> about wxPython.  (And, I might add, about GTK, as far as I can tell,
> though I haven't used it myself.)

GTK is a pain because it's design doesn't fit well in my brain. Yes, I
know it isn't a good reason, but I feel more comfortable with other
approachs. I must say that pygtk is the best binding in terms of
support and features.

And I say wxPython is slow because startup time. I must develop for
old systems (Pentium 200, 64MB RAM) and takes a very long time to
start. That's a big step. If you have recent hardware wxpython is
great, but with old systems IMHO it's slow.

I like FXPy because it's very fast, has a lot of widgets and works
reasonably well.

--
Asier.