[OT] Top posting is a PITA [was : Prothon Prototypes vs Python Classes]

Stefan Axelsson crap1234 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 31 06:23:05 EST 2004

Michael wrote:

> With top posting you're still reading the same way. You shouldn't even
> need to read the quoted text below.

Then why waste space and bandwidth and include it?

> It's only there to help keep the
> structure of the conversation recorded.

If you need to refresh your memory on the discussion then back up the
thread and read the previous messages. A whole keypress in most readers.

And that's saying nothing of rendering the information that's given by
the line count of the posting useless. Many readers display the line
count with the subject, and that gives you a clue as to how 'heavy' the
posting is going to be. Just a short rebuttal, a 'me too', or a
dissertation in it's own right? It's impossible to tell when people
include the particular version of the King James' bible they're
commenting on.

As I'm against capital punishement; twentyfive to life for top-posters,
I say.

Stefan,
--
Stefan Axelsson  (email at http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~sax)