Utterly OT:[Was Re: Need better string methods]

Garry Knight garryknight at gmx.net
Sat Mar 6 19:39:42 EST 2004

In message <Xns94A4C17566601rzed at 63.223.5.95>, rzed wrote:

> This "gradoo" of which you speak ... where did you learn the word? I
> only ask, because I know (and use) "gradeau", pronounced like I
> imagine "gradoo" would be pronounced, to mean miscellaneous cruft or
> garbage

For your interest:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gradeau
"gradeau
    anything nasty that is small and slimy on you or anything else, ie., eye
slime from a dog or mucous of any sort
    ewww, there's gradeau on my arm ewww"

http://www.collectivecopies.com/informative.htm
"Funky Gradoo
Colorful Southern term for schmutz (Yiddish), crud (Yankee) or other
unwanted marks, spots or streaks on a copy."

[And now, back to your regular programming...]

--
Garry Knight
garryknight at gmx.net  ICQ 126351135