Python Documentation Blows!

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Wed Mar 31 20:51:17 EST 2004

>One thing my partner always complain about is the lack of database classes
>and navigators such as the ones available in Delphi. Specially the ones
>that allow you going forward and back in a table with the records without
>having to code that by hand. And no, ODBC isn't a good solution according
>to him due to several variations of ODBC libraries and changes between
>versions.
>
>I don't know Delphi...

Python has a common DB API so you should be able to access multiple db
types with little code changes without using ODBC. I'm sure there are
lots of libraries available for doing common db tasks such as flipping
through records in a table. No, they aren't tightly intergrated with
Python but then Python isn't meant for such limited use. A lot of that
might depend on what method you're using to access the db. It could be
wxPython, Tkinter, web based, etc.