GUI Frameworks in Python?

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at uci.edu
Tue Mar 30 13:07:50 EST 2004

> I was watching system performance simultaneously and noticed a
> decrease of free RAM memory by ~ 10 MB on starting and the same
> increase on stopping. But the dlls - once loaded - apparently
> are kept in RAM.

That is what Windows does.  Using an oft used cliche in a different
realm that always made me laugh, "Don't hate the player, hate the game".
  In this case, the player is wxPython, the game is 'running on Windows'.

There may be some method to tell windows to evict currently unused dlls,
but I wouldn't hold my breath.

  - Josiah