wine as a platform independent GUI toolkit

Brian brian at chrissyandbrian.com
Tue Mar 9 15:40:45 EST 2004

http://www.python.org/doc/faq/gui.html lists the Python
interfaces/wrappers/bindings to various widget sets (Tcl/Tk,
wxWindows, Qt, GTk+, FLTK, FOX, and OpenGL).  I'm surprised that
nothing exists for wine.  The only solution I can think of is to
install the win32 python and Pythonwin, but this seems akward to me.
Is there any way for me to run a python script natively on linux that
drives a win32 gui (running with wine).  In other words, is there any
way to hook into the Wine widget toolkit?