wxPython on GTK

Batista, Facundo FBatista at uniFON.com.ar
Fri Jun 18 11:27:45 EDT 2004

I'm still deciding about using Tkinter or wxPython for a project I have
(sigefi, on SF).

The decision is not made, I have to finish first a little program that will
be done in both GUIs, and then make a choice (I'll write something about the
experiment, I'll let you know).

In this context, I got worried when a friend of mine (codeveloper of sigefi)
could not install PyNSource because wxPythonGTK been always using private
methods from GTK, and now that GTK does not have them anymore, don't work.

The bug is 915333
(http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=915333&group_id=98
63&atid=109863).

The problem is that it's actually closed but not fixed, so I'm worried about
the viability of wxPython in GTK.

Do you know something about this?

Thank you!

.	Facundo