How to call Java from Python?

Dominic nomail at nospam.no
Wed Jun 23 14:56:45 EDT 2004

There is a language interoperability project, which can by found at

http://www.llnl.gov/CASC/components/

"Babel: a tool for mixing C, C++, Fortran77, Fortran90, Python, and Java
in a single application. This is our cornerstone product, representing
90% of our effort. Babel is the foundation for a multilanguage
scientific compoenent framework. We are often called "The Babel Team"
because of this tool's visibility."

However google has not found any references to it
in the comp.lang.python newsgroup which is kind of
strange. Is nobody using it - here? Judging from their
documentation it seems quite reasonable to use
for scientific projects. When they have finished
the java-"server" integration it should even
be perfect.

ciao,
  Dominic