How to call Java from Python?

Markus Wankus markus_wankusGETRIDOFALLCAPS at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 22 22:33:43 EDT 2004

Steve Menard wrote:

> Seems like my project my project got started at the right time :)
>
> Take a look at JPype http://jpype.sourceforge.net
>
> it aims to do what JPE did (but work).
>
> It is still early in development, and working on win32 exclusively for
> now (the linux port should consist only of a few lines of code, but I do
> not have a linux meachine readily available). If you have a little C
> coding knowledge, you might even contribute it :)
>
> What's more, your's truly is doing his best to answer question and fix
> problems as they arise.
>
> I hope this helps,
>
> Steve Menard

I think there are quite a few of us who are excited about this project
and would like to see this happen.  Unfortunately not all of us have the
time (or perhaps the skills) to contribute.  If my schedule opens up I
am definitely up for helping out.  My end goal - like yours - is to
write Eclipse plug-ins, with the ultimate achievement of a Python IDE in
Eclipse.  pyDev is about as close as we have come - but I think it has
reached a 'plateau'.

Markus