Good IDE for Python

Kamilche klachemin at home.com
Sun Jun 13 03:46:34 EDT 2004

I love Python, but I'm less than in love with IDLE. It's OK, but it
really doesn't have enough capabilities.

What I consider critical, are a popdown listing of all my functions,
colored syntax printing, and a right-click 'definition' context menu
that will hop you to the spot where that keyword is defined, if
possible. Everything else I could learn to do without, but these
features keep me hoping for a better IDE for Python.

I'm used to the Microsoft Visual C++ debugger, and though tooltip
variable debugging and intellisense were nice, they broke often enough
that you couldn't rely on them anyway, so I don't really need those
features.

I would also like the ability to create application 'forms' visually.
I'm on a Windows XP machine.

Any suggestions on what I should install next?