How to get process info from python

Nick Vargish nav+posts at bandersnatch.org
Tue Jun 8 10:51:51 EDT 2004

"Gardner Pomper" <gardner at networknow.org> writes:

> On a related issue, I was very surprise to see that os.loadavg() had been
> added in version 2.3. This seems just as OS specific as the ps functionality
> I want, so that raised my hopes.

Gardner,

I've had to work with process data in the past, and you're right, a
module to handle accessing ps data would be quite useful. Just for
fun, I've started writing something to help. All the systems that I
use "ps" on support a "-o format" for extracting specific information,
is this option supported on AIX?[*]

What sort of information do you need from ps? I'll try to work it into
the module's functionality.

I can't promise when it will be ready, but you seem to be rolling your
own solution anyway.

Nick

[*] Linux, OS X, and Tru64 (nee DEC Unix nee OSF/1). I don't have
    access to an AIX system right now.

--
#  sigmask  ||  0.2  ||  20030107  ||  public domain  ||  feed this to a python
print reduce(lambda x,y:x+chr(ord(y)-1),' Ojdl!Wbshjti!=obwAcboefstobudi/psh?')