what editor do you use?

Christopher T King squirrel at WPI.EDU
Mon Jun 28 11:41:44 EDT 2004

On 28 Jun 2004, Oliver Fromme wrote:

> Sticks <barton_finkle at hotmail.com> wrote:
>  > i'm new to python and i was wondering what editors people prefer to use
>
> joe.
>
>  > and why.
>
> Because my fingers are used to it for 20 years.

I'll put in a second vote for JOE (though I only have 6 years of Ctrl-K
commands ingrained in my memory). The recently released JOE 3.0 includes
syntax coloring support. It's a very simple editor, but does just about
everything you'd expect from a decent IDE, and then some. If you don't
like WordStar keys, it'll emulate EMACS and Pico, too.