Python Scripting in Windows MSIE 6.0

Jussi Jumppanen jussij at zeusedit.com
Wed Jun 9 23:52:32 EDT 2004

Claudio Grondi wrote:

> I wonder why the subject (Python scripting within HTML) is
> not occuring in any past postings - do I miss something
> very obvious?
>
> ... snip ...
>
> I have the latest Python 2.3.4 installed.
> What do I wrong?

You can only run Windows Scripting Host (WSH) languages inside
the MSIE browser. By default Windows only has VB Script and
JavaScript WSH scripts installed. So if you want to run Python
you will need to install a WSH version of Python.

I think ActiveState provide a WSH version of Python.

Jussi Jumppanen
Author of: Zeus for Windows (All new version 3.92 out now)
"The C/C++, Cobol, Java, HTML, Python, PHP, Perl programmer's editor"
Home Page: http://www.zeusedit.com