Python Scripting in Windows MSIE 6.0

Claudio Grondi claudio.grondi at freenet.de
Thu Jun 10 13:19:27 EDT 2004

>>No need to repeat your posts more than once.
Sorry for the multiple postings, but I had a problem with
my newsreader software.

> You can only run Windows Scripting Host (WSH)
> languages inside the MSIE browser.
Sure - as the subject line says (other browser
support usually only Javascript, right?).

>> I think ActiveState provide a WSH version of Python.
I tried ActiveState Python 2.3.2 - and it doesn't work
either. I mean, that I have seen one or two older
postings to discussion boards saying that Python works
ok inside Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Anyone any further ideas?

It would be _so nice_ to have MSIE as a kind of
GUI to Python - even Microsoft uses MSIE for this
purpose (e.g. in the installation of Microsoft
Visual C++ NET 2003).

Thank you in advance for any helpful response.

Claudio