python23_d.lib

Tonetheman tonetheman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 10:27:20 EDT 2004

The real problem that you are having is from these lines in the
pyconfig.h file that you include.
#ifdef MS_COREDLL
#	ifndef Py_BUILD_CORE /* not building the core - must be an ext */
#		if defined(_MSC_VER)
			/* So MSVC users need not specify the .lib file in
			their Makefile (other compilers are generally
			taken care of by distutils.) */
#			ifdef _DEBUG
#				pragma comment(lib,"python23_d.lib")
#			else
#				pragma comment(lib,"python23.lib")
#			endif /* _DEBUG */
#		endif /* _MSC_VER */
#	endif /* Py_BUILD_CORE */
#endif /* MS_COREDLL */

So if you want you should be able to change your source to something
like this:

#undef _DEBUG
#include <python.h>
#define _DEBUG

Or if you want to you could just hack up pyconfig.h to remove the
pragma that forces the debug version library...

Or finally just get the sources and build the debug library yourself.

Tone