eZ80 - correction [z80 vs Python thread]

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat Jun 26 07:41:41 EDT 2004

Janusz U. wrote:

>>I think Python is too large a language for such a small processor.
>
> I know that Z80 or eZ80 aren't so powerfull like other 32-bit processors.
> But eZ80 can have eg. 1MB flash memory and 512kB RAM (it has 16MB memory/IO
> space!). Speed in my application isn't critical.

One megabyte, eh?  Python will _fill_ that up nicely.  ;-)

(Actually, we were able to get a limited form down to a few hundred
kilobytes on an embedded device.  Testing showed, however, that
even if speed wasn't critical, Python's speed _can_ be too slow
for certain older hardware and we gave it up.  For reference, it
was a 33MHz 386-compatible processor...)

-Peter