Searching for the best scripting language,

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Jun 14 18:58:49 EDT 2004

Carl Banks wrote:
> Heh.  It seems to me that, by the same reasoning, we could claim that
> Python has verbose execution.  Someone's obviously willing to give
> Perl the benefit of the doubt here, but not Python.  I smell
> shenanigans.

I tried a few Google searches, even apparently reaching the page that
started this thread, but I can't see what "verbose execution" might
mean other than (a guess) a "trace" mode which prints something for
every line executed as the interpreter runs.  And, if that's really
what it is, then Python does have the capability pretty easily, via
sys.settrace().  (Which I'm sure Carl knows, therefore I assume my
guess is wrong.)

-Peter