(OT) Boa Constructor and Python 2.3.4

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Jun 15 23:29:22 EDT 2004

"flupke" <flupke at nonexistingdomain.com> wrote in message
news:f%zzc.96$Ow7.58431618 at hebe.telenet-ops.be...
> C:\Python23>C:\Python23\python.exe
> C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\wxPython\tools\boa\boa.py
> Starting Boa Constructor v0.2.8
> importing wxPython
> reading user preferences

Comments based on traceback and no knowledge of boa specifically.  Since
you just asked for 'ideas' without giving specific questions or where you
get lost, I have to make some guesses.

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\wxPython\tools\boa\boa.py", line
231,
> in ?
>     import Preferences, Utils, About

>   File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\wxPython\tools\boa\Preferences.py",
> line 130, in ?
>     execfile(file)

This executes 'file', which I presume is prefs.rc.py, *in* the current
(Preferences) module.
Preferences.py must either define or import the constants used in 'file'.

>   File
> "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\wxPython\tools\boa\Config\prefs.rc.py",
line
> 25, in ?
>     splitterStyle = wxCLIP_CHILDREN | wxSP_LIVE_UPDATE | \

This line appears to be continued to another line, which presumably or's in
more constants, but traceback printer does not pick that up.

> NameError: name 'wxSP_FULLSASH' is not defined

I would report this to boa people.  In meanwhile, to get going, I would
find where constants are defined and add missing definition -- or remove
use of it.

Terry J. Reedy