Searching for the best scripting language,

Edward Diener eldiener at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 13 19:09:32 EDT 2004

http://developers.slashdot.org/developers/04/06/12/2125229.shtml?tid=126&tid=156

> "Folks at the Scriptometer conducted a practical survey of which
> scripting language is the best.

"Practical surveys" are always as hilarious as practical programming, unless
one is asleep to their implications. One of the simple ones, which no doubt
formed much of the basis of this survey, always is: in which situation do I
have to type the least number of characters. For the brainless, this is a
valid test of programming excellence. Hopefully not all programmers in the
world have been reduced to such brainlessness yet.