Displaying print messages- Emacs

Dave Benjamin ramen at lackingtalent.com
Mon Jul 26 21:57:25 EDT 2004

Hi Darren - not sure about the second question, but I might have an answer
for the first...

In article <ce18hn$hji$1 at news01.cit.cornell.edu>, Darren Dale wrote:
> 1) Is it possible to have the *Python Output* in Emacs report the
> progress during execution? Right now, *Python Output* does not update
> until after the script completes.

Try using sys.stdout.flush() at regular intervals in your code. I've had
similar problems using Python+Emacs+Cygwin, and flushing the output buffer
usually solved the problem.

--
  .:[ dave benjamin: ramen/[sp00] -:- spoomusic.com -:- ramenfest.com ]:.

"When the country is confused and in chaos, information scientists appear."
Librarian's Lao Tzu: http://www.geocities.com/onelibrarian.geo/lao_tzu.html