Interactive Python programming in ... vi [was: Tab wars revisited]

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 00:54:57 EDT 2004

Following up my previous message ...

My Python-mode has a "run inferior Python" menu (C-c!) but for some reason it
does not work ("Process Python exited abnormally with code 1"). If it worked,
I suppose I could highlight a snippet of code and send it to the interpreter.

I guess I tried C-c! when I first discovered Python, it didn't worked, and I
forgot completely about this feature. It is something I didn't need really
(just had small scripts). However, if you have large programs and large
initialization times the interactive incremental development strategy is a
big win, since you do not reinitialize everything each time you add a new line
of code.

Is there a way to get any info about why the Python process failed? (did I mention
I am a rather poor emacs user? ;)

      Michele Simionato